Thursday, 19 March 2015

Digital exclusion: "Learning IT skills changed my life"

In September, Annmarie Niles, 24, starts a degree in Digital Media at London Metropolitan University.

Remarkable, really, given that just 18 months ago she did not know how to send an email.
"If someone had said to me I'd be going to University and doing a degree using computers I'd never ever have believed them," she says.
Ms Niles has been having free computer lessons at the Islington Computer Skills Centre based at Finsbury Library in London. She says the lessons have changed her life.

"I didn't like computers before because I didn't know how to use them. Now I find that they're not hard at all and very straightforward."
The unemployed mother has also secured an interview for a receptionist job to tide her over the summer.
"I've got a computer at home now too, which I never had before, so I've been sending emails, applying for jobs and surfing the web for jobs," she says.
"There's hardly anything I can't do now."

This can be your story. Call Loctech Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2

Course 20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server® 2012 Get a comprehensive hands-on instruction and practice installing and c...