An operating system is something we think we know… I mean everybody knows what it is right? Windows, Android… blah blah Blah… But what exactly is it? How
do you define it? Let us help!!
An operating system in computer lingo (that means in
Computer language… cool right?) is a single platform on which a computer runs.
It is a base code for which application codes are written.
Does that make
sense? If it doesn’t, I will say again …COME FOR CLASS. Anyways let us proceed.
An OS (you get what OS is right) like the name implies is a system which the
computer operates on and by Computer I mean computing Device.
Wikipedia has this to Add:
An operating system (OS) is a collection of software that manages
computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs.
The operating system is an essential component of the system software in a
computer system. Application programs usually require an operating system to
function.
A few Desktop OS we
have include;
- · Windows
- · Macintosh
- · Linux
- · Solaris
A few mobile OS we
have include
- · iOS
- · Windows mobile
- · Android.
Easy as it may sound, this is one of the most difficult
things to explain especially to one who does not have an IT awareness… I mean
the other day I was at it for like 30mins with a lady who tried to convince me
that blackberry was Android… Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment