How To Delete VLAN Configuration
Often times, many students ask me how they can delete their Vlan configuration.
Of course! I know its a little trciky.
For some reasons that I don't know, Cisco decided not to keep Vlan information in the NVRAM like every other Switch/Router configuration, but I'm sure they have a very good reason.
NOTE: Vlan Database is not stored in the NVRAM.
Hence, when you erase configuration in the Switch, you find out that your previous Vlan config still remains.
Do not panic, there is no course for alarm. Its simple!
Vlan database is stored on the Flash and the name of the database file is vlan.dat
Below is the syntax to successfully delete your vlan database (you do this in the User Privilege mode):
delete flash:vlan.dat
or
delete flash
vlan.dat
Mind you, the configuration is not totally erased until you reload the Switch.
So, reload the switch and check again.
I hope this has been helpful.
Thank you.
Often times, many students ask me how they can delete their Vlan configuration.
Of course! I know its a little trciky.
For some reasons that I don't know, Cisco decided not to keep Vlan information in the NVRAM like every other Switch/Router configuration, but I'm sure they have a very good reason.
NOTE: Vlan Database is not stored in the NVRAM.
Hence, when you erase configuration in the Switch, you find out that your previous Vlan config still remains.
Do not panic, there is no course for alarm. Its simple!
Vlan database is stored on the Flash and the name of the database file is vlan.dat
Below is the syntax to successfully delete your vlan database (you do this in the User Privilege mode):
delete flash:vlan.dat
or
delete flash
vlan.dat
Mind you, the configuration is not totally erased until you reload the Switch.
So, reload the switch and check again.
I hope this has been helpful.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment